I use TeamCity as my integration server and got it working sweetly after some fiddling and help from Doug Rathbone's great post (thanks Doug). Then I wanted to use the Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployment Project to get it copied to my web server box after the build. I anticipated problems and of course they came thick and fast in the form of things like:
- The specified task executable location "bin\aspnet_merge.exe" is invalid.
- The specified task executable location "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v10.0\aspnet_merge.exe" is invalid.
- The "CollectFilesinFolder" task was not found. Check the following…
- The "Microsoft.WebDeployment.Tasks.AspNetMerge" task could not be loaded from the assembly…
- Install windows SDK on your build server. Use web installer and unchecked everything except for ".NET Development Tools" depending on your target framework (version/framework):
or 7.1/3.5 at
- Copy the files from your dev box:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\Web
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\WebApplication
to the equivalent paths on your build server.
- You'll also need to adjust the location of your ASPNet merge path so on the build machine edit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v10.0\Microsoft.WebDeployment.targets
to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools