Source in part: http://support.citrix.com/
- Create, install, and configure the Windows VM as desired, applying all relevant Service Packs and updates.
- Install the XenServer drivers.
- Run C:\Windows\System32\sysprep\sysprep.exe:
- Ensure ‘System Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE)’ is selected
- Tick the ‘Generalize’ option (this resets the SID)
- Select ‘Shutdown’ from the Shutdown Options (shuts down the VM when completes)
- In XenCenter, convert the VM into a template by right clicking on it.
- When the cloned VM starts, it will get a new system ID and name, then run a mini-setup to prompt for configuration values as necessary, and finally restart, before being available for use.