Getting Ubuntu Phone (15.05 r9 as of writing) onto an Aquarius E4.5 was very easy for me.
- Windows: with an admin user
I found the drivers didn't work with Win10 so used Win7
- bq Drivers & Tools
- Ubuntu Phone firmware
- Extract the drivers and firmware e.g. to C:\Eq\Drivers and C:\Eq\Firmware. NB the drivers extract to a directory with an ampersand in the name which I found the need to remove.
- Install the drivers: run "install.bat" from the Drivers folder
- Reboot and plug in your phone to ensure its recognised. Wait for "Windows is installing drivers for your device" to finish then unplug it.
- Run the flash tool: Herramienta MTK Flash Tool\flash_tool.exe
- Press the"Scatter Loading" button and select "MT6582_Android_scatter.txt" from the Firmware directory.
- Change "Download Only" to "Firmware Upgrade". NB Do NOT select Format All
- Switch the phone off and connect it and press the Download button
- Wait patiently, then turn the phone on and it should take quite a long time to boot up
Post a Comment