- Highlight the area you want to KEEP e.g. a logo in the middle. I use the wizard tool to highlight the colours, then add areas using Shift and click.
Optionally use Select, Modify: Contract (to reduce the selection within the boundaries of your logo); or Feather to soften the edges. If you use Feather, bear in mind that you’ll need to contract more.
NB: Do NOT select the area to be transparent, but rather the area to keep.
- Add a new Alpha Channel (in Layers Window)
- Select the new Alpha Channel
- Select Edit, Clear. You should now see a blank area outline of your logo.
- Optionally set the original channel(s) to visible to see potential output: the pink area designates transparency.
- Select File, Save A Copy and check "Exclude Alpha Channels" is NOT ticked.