If you need to edit the registry
- Restart Windows with recovery options: Press Shift when selecting Restart.
- Select Troubleshoot from the options:
- Select Advanced from the Troubleshoot options:
- Select Command Prompt:
- Login using your account
- Once in command prompt find your system drive:
bcdedit | find "osdevice"
- Run registry editor: regedit.exe
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Select File, Open Hive
- Select the Registry file from the location e.g. E:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE
- Give the key a name e.g. HKLMSoftware
- Navigate to your required key.
Post a Comment